GED Language Arts
Facts vs. Opinions
1. Watch the video to learn the difference between facts and opinions.
2. Practice distinguishing facts and opinions on this worksheet.
3. Read "The Sinking City" and answer the comprehension questions.
|File Size:||49 kb|
Topic Sentences & Theses
1. Watch the video to learn the difference between a thesis statement and a topic sentence.
2. Practice identifying an effective topic sentence.
3. Pick out the thesis statement from these paragraphs.
Extra practice: Read these paragraphs and find the main ideas.
Paragraph Structure & Supporting Details
1. Watch the video to learn about supporting details.
2. Learn about paragraph structure and practice identifying the different parts of a paragraph.
3. Study the list of transition words and take this quiz to practice using them.
Author's Point of View
1. Watch the video to learn about author's point of view.
2. Read about author's point of view and answer the practice GED questions.
Tone & Purpose
1. Watch the videos to learn about the author's purpose and tone.
2. Read the paragraphs and answer questions about purpose and tone.
1. Watch the video to learn about making inferences.
2. Practice making inferences by answering the following questions.